There are a variety of factors to consider when purchasing replacement windows in Tampa and other tropical locations to ensure they not only look good, but also perform optimally. Whether you’re renovating your home and need new windows or simply looking for ways to lower your energy bill, below are five considerations to keep in mind when moving forward with this type of home investment.
1. Evaluate Your Current Windows
Despite their sturdy appearance, windows don’t last forever and need to be replaced at some future time like anything else in your home. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, it’s likely time for replacement windows.
- Do your windows leak?
- Are there any gaps?
- Are they difficult to open or close?
- Is the structure of the windows changing?
- Have you noticed your energy bills going up?
- Do your windows feel exceptionally drafty?
- Is there condensation between the panes of glass in your windows?
When you feel drafts coming from your windows or there’s fog between the panes, it’s a sign you’re losing air conditioning (or heat the rare times we use it in Florida) through your windows which means a bigger energy bill.
2. Complement Your Home Design
Windows are seen from both the inside and outside which is why their style should complement your exterior and interior design. When you select replacement windows, also think about how it will improve curb appeal and possibly add value to your property. We offer a wide selection of replacement windows in Tampa for different architectural styles like historic older homes, modern condos, and residential golf communities. Custom options are also available as we work with many top manufacturers to offer art glass and other custom-made architectural windows.
3. Switch to Energy-Efficient Replacement Windows
WinDoor Windows and Doors from FAS Windows and Doors in Tampa According to the U.S. Department of Energy, “Heat gain and heat loss through windows are responsible for 25%–30% of residential heating and cooling energy use.” When your energy bill starts to creep up, switching to vinyl and wood-clad replacement windows with the ENERGY STAR rating can improve your home’s energy efficiency, thereby lowering your bill. Check out our blog post to learn more about energy-effiecent replacement windows.
4. Select The Right Material
Our replacement windows in Tampa are made from wood, vinyl, wood-clad, or aluminum materials. It’s important to select a window material that fits your style and home needs.
- Wood Windows: Creates a beautiful look and has good insulating properties. Since it’s natural, however, it requires more maintenance like periodic painting or staining and needs to be treated to protect it from moisture, movement, and rot.
- Vinyl Windows: Versatile, durable, and reasonably priced. Vinyl is practically maintenance-free and provides excellent insulation.
- Wood-Clad Windows: Features the beauty of wood on the inside, with a vinyl coating on the outside. It combines the low maintenance aspect of vinyl with the elegant look of wood.
- Aluminum Windows: Low maintenance and extremely durable. Aluminum windows can easily withstand harsh weather conditions like hurricane-strength winds.
5. Find a Professional
Having beautiful, energy-efficient windows won’t do you much good if they’re not installed properly. Before handing over money to a contractor or window company, make sure to do some research. Check out the windows installer’s website, reviews, certifications, and catalog to see if they’re actually capable of doing the job.
Replacement Windows in Tampa
FAS Windows & Doors takes pride in every window and door we manufacture and install. We’re here to help you find the ideal replacement windows for your home. With us, you can expect high-quality, energy-efficient windows and doors from top manufacturers such as Anderson, Eagle, Simonton, PGT, and more.
Comments are closed.